Barcelona are considering a move for Ajax midfielder Frenkie de Jong, according to reports in Spain.
Barcelona are considering a number of midfield options in the summer transfer window, including Donny van de Beek, Ndombele, and Brozovic.
Discover all of the key transactions and see how we rated the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here is the most recent rumor and gossip.
TOP STORY: Barcelona has compiled a shortlist to strengthen their midfield.
Ronald Koeman still wants a new midfielder at Barcelona, according to Sport, after losing out on Georginio Wijnaldum, who chose to join Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer in the summer.
Koeman is looking for a box-to-box player who can complement Pedri and Frenkie de Jong in the middle and provide an attacking threat and fighting spirit. Even though Gavi has broken into the team this season, it’s been suggested that the Blaugrana have four midfield targets. Ilaix Moriba left for RB Leipzig in the summer window, and despite the fact that Gavi has broken into the team this season, it’s been suggested that the Blaugrana have four midfield targets.
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent significant transfers • January transfer grades
– According to Calciomercato, AS Roma want to buy Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Denis Zakaria during the January transfer window. After failing to sign Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka over the summer, Jose Mourinho believes he is lacking a strong midfielder, with his fellow Switzerland international seen as the ideal replacement.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Bayern Munich winger Serge Gnabry is likely to sign a contract extension with the Bundesliga winners shortly. The Germany international has a verbal agreement in the final stages and it will only be a matter of time until the paperwork is finalized.
– According to Calciomercato, Lazio striker Ciro Immobile and midfielder Francesco Acerbi have signed new contracts with the club. Immobile has allegedly signed a contract that would keep him at the club until 2026, while Acerbi’s contract will keep him at the club until 2025, making him 36 and 37 years old, respectively.
– According to Goal, Manchester United may return Facundo Pellistri from his loan at Alaves owing to a lack of playing time. The Uruguayan has only made one LaLiga start and has yet to play 200 minutes this season, which has frustrated him since several teams, notably Club Brugge, had shown interest in bringing him on loan in the summer. If he does return, the Red Devils have the option of loaning him out to a better team.
- van der beek
- tanguy ndombele