Paul Pogba has reportedly agreed a move to Real Madrid and is set to sign a five-year contract worth £500,000 per week.
Paul Pogba has told the media that he will be leaving Manchester United to move back to Real Madrid.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
TOP STORY: Pogba wants to join Real Madrid
According to the Daily Star, Paul Pogba will remain at Manchester United this season, but he plans to extend his contract in order to secure a dream transfer to Real Madrid.
According to the publication, the France international plans to link up with international teammate Kylian Mbappe at the Santiago Bernabeu as part of a triple raid in which Real Madrid will also pursue Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland next season.
Pogba’s current contract expires in 12 months, and he was previously connected with a move to PSG, with rumours suggesting that Manchester United would want a price of £50 million to avoid losing out on a lucrative transfer fee.
However, with the 28-year-old seeking a transfer to LaLiga, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side may be forced to follow the player’s desires if he chooses to finish his deal.
On the first day of the season, the playmaker proved unstoppable, collecting four assists in United’s 5-1 win against Leeds.
– Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+
Paul Pogba excelled in Manchester United’s season opener on Saturday, but the Frenchman’s future is allegedly not at Old Trafford. Getty Images/Alex Morton
Gossip in the Papers
– Nice is reportedly planning an offer for Celtic player Odsonne Edouard, who is drawing attention from Ligue 1. According to Football Insider, a number of teams have shown interest in signing the 23-year-old, but the French side is likely to make a move soon. Celtic’s initial asking price for their hitman was £40 million, but that was reduced to a sum in the area of £20 million by Ange Postecoglou.
– Sky Sports writes that Liverpool defender Ben Davies is set to join Sheffield United on loan for the rest of the season. The report claims that the Blades were keen on the former Preston centre-back and tried to negotiate an option to buy, but Jurgen Klopp’s side have no intention of selling the 28-year-old on a permanent basis. The deal is expected to be completed next week.
– According to Calciomercato, Lorenzo Insigne’s agency has ruled out a transfer to Zenit St Petersburg. The player has one year remaining on his contract, which has sparked interest from all around Europe in the Napoli winger. Arsenal and Atletico Madrid have been surrounding the Italy international, but they may face competition from Internazionale, who would also want to add him to their ranks.
– Mikkel Damsgaard of Sampdoria may depart Serie A, with a number of teams interested in the 21-year-talents. old’s According to Calciomercato, Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa are at the front of the line, although a price of €35 million is expected to be needed for an offer to be approved by the Italian club. Damsgaard was a notable player for Denmark in Euro 2020, scoring a free kick in the semifinals against England.
– Dario Benedetto may be on his way to Real Betis, according to Le10Sport, who reports that his future destination has been determined. The Marseille striker is expected to join LaLiga on loan after failing to beat off former Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik for a starting spot in the starting XI. Last season, the 31-year-old scored five goals and added three assists in 32 appearances for the club.
- paul pogba net worth
- real madrid transfer
- paul pogba wife